I HAVE THE POWER! I was awoken by the sound of my room’s 7-disc DVD player changing discs to check if any were loaded, which it does anytime it’s plugged back in. It was almost exactly 4.5 days without power.
Strange behaviors still present:
- brought candles into bathroom to shower with instead of using light
- opened window to reduce steam level instead of using fan (steam was setting off fire alarm because of insane cold)
- thinking that now that I have power, I can watch a movie on my laptop because I can plug it in and keep it charged (oh, right, I have a TV too now, huh)
- I still somewhat expect it to be absolutely frigid when I get home. Last night it dropped to a bit below 40 inside.
- Still for some reason worried I’ll run out of matches